And it’s back! There’s no question about it that mixing prints is a trend back for Spring 2018. Luxury brands such as Gucci, Marni, Missoni & Balenciaga were all seen doing this exact trend in their S/S 18 collections – so take note. This is a trend for the not so faint hearted who are looking to express themselves in a creative outfit, yes. However fear not. You may think this trend isn’t for you but you can totally tone it down and work it around your own personal style which is what I have done.
Still not convinced? Here are a few tips to help you along the way in finding your perfect mixed print ensemble.
My tip tops for this trend:
- Stick to a limited colour palette – This way it’ll make pairing an outfit together much easier but still super chic.
- Pick one statement piece – This will allow your outfit to have a focus point and not look OTT.
- Mix prints of different scales – Exactly like i did. Polka dots with stripes.
- Invert your colours with the same pattern – black on white/ white on black. Simple but effective.
- Pair two types of the same print – floral on floral. Yes!
Thanks for reading! Both looks linked below.