Heres a fact for you, wardrobe staples never change! So its about time you started investing in good quality pieces as these will be the items, year-on-year, you end up wearing on the regular and you’ll want them to last. Yes we all love to splurge each season on a few items that are trending however one thing you’ll never tire of is your classics.
I’ve created a must-have essentials list for you which will be your perfect building blocks of a perfect wardrobe…
1. Blazer – Whether you’re an office worker or not, you need a good blazer or two. Find one that fits perfectly to flatter your silhouette. Great to pop on and smarten up any look.
2. White Tee – This is an obvious. Easy to chuck on with a pair of jeans but also can be worn under summer dresses or tucked into skirts and jazzed up with jewellery. I shop at Arket for my basics.
3. Knitwear – The perfect knit sweater works with everything—from a pair boyfriend jeans or a feminine skirt, it can literally be shoved on over everything and still look chic if you purchase the right one. Top tip: If you find one you like, get one in every colour. I’m loving M&S for their knits at the moment.
4. White Shirt – Borrowed from the boys but better on us females, the button-up shirt always strikes a balance between looking casual and polished. Wear it with jeans or a pencil skirt depending on where you need to be.
5. Selection of jeans – Find your perfect fit. And once you’ve done that buy them in a selection of colours. Every woman needs a pair of jeans that makes her butt look good.
6. Midi Skirt – A midi-length skirt is versatile enough to be casual, work-friendly and also can be worn in more formal settings. We call that a win, win, win.
7. Classic white trainer- We love a good running shoe, but classic white trainer are a casual basic that will go with everything from jeans to a cute summer dress. I love my Axel Arigato pair.
8. Black ankle boot – The black ankle boot is as necessary as a white T-shirt. You likely already own a pair but if you don’t already have a good leather pair, buy some!
9. Leather jacket – This is another transitional one. Whether flung over your shoulders in an evening slinky dress or chucked on with a pair of sneakers you won’t regret investing in a good leather J.
10. The Trench Coat – A trench coat is lightweight yet waterproof, structured yet comfortable, and a classic statement in a neutral colour. It’s a classic Burberry number so it’s a must have in your staple wardrobe.
11. Denim jacket – This is your go to lightweight jacket. Perfect for standard day time.
12. LBD – Yes, this is a no brainer. Get one that fits well and it’ll last you forever.
14. Wrap dress – The most universally flattering dress of all, a wrap dress. It looks good on everyone and can be wrapped to the perfect fit of your body shape.
Thanks for reading,